Summer Book Sale
Pequot Library's 56th ANNUAL BOOK SALE
“The Best Book Sale in New England”
Friday, July 22 to Tuesday, July 26, 2016
OVER 140,000 BOOKS, CDs, DVDs, RECORDS, etc.
Admission is free, and open to the public. All Sale proceeds directly fund Pequot Library's over 750 annual programs and events for all ages.
HOURS & PRICING:
|Friday, July 22||9am to 7pm||DOUBLE the marked price|
|Saturday, July 23||9am to 6pm||Priced as marked|
|Sunday, July 24||9am to 6pm||Priced as marked|
|Monday, July 25||9am to 6pm||HALF the marked price|
|Tuesday, July 26||9am to 2pm||$5 PER BAG DAY!|
High quality books at reasonable prices
Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express Accepted
Shop the Book Sale in style - bring your own reusable bags!
View Pequot Library's Numbers Policy.
Rare and Collectible “Specials” conveniently located in one room.
"Specials" Online Catalog for pre-sale
- Buyers have an opportunity to purchase up to three (3) Specials in advance of the sale, at a premium of 25% above the catalog price.
"Specials" Online Catalog now available, click on links below!
2016 Specials Catalog pages 1-50
2016 Specials Catalog pages 51-100
2016 Specials Catalog pages 101-150
2016 Specials Catalog pages 151-200
2016 Specials Catalog pages 201-250
2016 Specials Catalog pages 251-275
Over 60 categories, including your favorites:
- Children’s Books
- Art and Photography
- Several sections of History: USA, European, World, and Military
- Computer Software and Books
- Crafts and Style
- Foreign Language
- Mystery and Thriller
- Science Fiction
- Current Fiction
- Classic Fiction
- Poetry and Drama
- Trade Paperbacks
- CDs, DVDs, records, tapes, and Audiobooks
- Sheet music, music books, comic books, prints
Scanners & other wireless devices welcome in sales areas; stockpiling and "clearing" not permitted.
New this year! Eclectic Print and Art Sale: Over 1,700 prints, photographs, original oil and watercolor paintings, sculpture and more, all priced to sell!
FOOD TRUCK SCHEDULE:
Saturday and Sunday:
Genee Habansky Herbaceous Catering
CONTACT & DIRECTIONS:
Exit 19 off I-95 south to 720 Pequot Ave, Southport
Parking: In Pequot Library's parking lot, or the Trinity Episcopal Church* parking lot (on the corner of Pequot Avenue and Center Street), or in the Southport Congregational Church parking lot (524 Pequot Avenue and across from church) or, on the weekend, in the train station parking lot (400 Center Street).
* "Park for Food" at Trinity Church during the busiest weekend days in exchange for a donation of food or funds. Trinity asks for cash or food donations to support food pantries in Bridgeport from 8:30 am - 5 pm on Friday - Sunday, July 22 - 24. Book Sale patrons make wonderful contributions to the hungry in our area.
Important facts to know about the Pequot Library Summer Book Sale:
1. Unlike sales at other libraries, this one is critical for the operations of Pequot Library, given that the town provides only a third of its operating budget.
2. Pequot Library is a jewel in the Fairfield community for its traditional library services and its many cultural, music, and arts programs.
3. Because of the long-time community support, this sale is the largest in the region offering the most extensive selection of books, records, etc.
4. Pequot’s offerings of “specials” is consistently the finest.
5. “Books for Teachers” program, thanks to generous funding from the Reneé B. Fisher Foundation, provides book vouchers to under-served schools and teachers in Bridgeport and New Haven, CT.