Join our supporters today!
Pequot Library was founded in 1889 by Southport, CT residents Virginia Marquand Monroe (1837 – 1926) and Elbert B. Monroe (1836 – 1894). The Library building, designed by noted American architect Robert H. Robertson, opened to the public in March 1894. It was Mrs. Monroe’s intention that Pequot be as “free as air to all.”
We are thankful to the donors who help us provide library services, care for our special collections, create exhibitions, reach students across the state, and offer hundreds of digital and in-person programs a year to our community.
Become a Pequot Library supporter today!