K-12 School & Homeschool Programs
We offer discussion-based experiences through close examination of our primary source material. In addition, we offer interdisciplinary music programs that engage students in firsthand education experiences with world class musicians, as well as programs that support students’ use of the Library for reading and research. Have a specific learning goal in mind? We’ll collaborate with you to customize a program that meets the needs of your students and your curriculum.Experience Educational Tours
Colleges & Universities
Pequot Library supports professors and students with research projects by offering access to our Special Collections by appointment with a librarian, and history tours of the Library.What We Offer
Books for Teachers
Thanks to the Renée B. Fisher Foundation book vouchers are awarded to all public school classroom teachers in the Bridgeport and New Haven School Districts to be used toward the purchase of books and materials for their classrooms at each Summer Book Sale.Fill out the Form
Pequot Library supports students with research projects by offering access to our Special Collections by appointment at the Library. Librarians assist students with examination of materials while discussing methods for analyzing sources, comparing and corroborating information, and using reasoning to draw evidence-based conclusions. Please allow 48 hours notice. To schedule an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Highlights of Our Collection
Missed an exhibition? Exhibition guides are available for educators to use as a resource in their classroom. Each exhibition guide provides the exhibition essay, historical background, and a list of primary sources found at Pequot Library. Please contact email@example.com for further information.Exhibition Guides
Pequot Library is pleased to offer proctoring services according to the below guidelines:
- To ensure that we can accommodate you, requests should be submitted at least 5 business days in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Proctoring is generally available during the following hours:
- Mondays from 10:00 a.m. — 5:00 p.m. and Wednesdays from 1:00 — 5:00 p.m.
- It is the responsibility of the student, parent, or guardian to schedule exam times and to secure proper proctoring credentials for the institution.
- The student is responsible for arriving at Pequot Library on time with appropriate photo identification and any supplies needed for the exam.
- Pequot Library is not responsible for any costs to obtain or submit the exam.
- There is a suggested donation of $50 per exam.
Proctoring Policy approved November 1, 2019