Welcome to the Children’s Library, where things are really hopping!
Our space features a cozy reading room surrounded by books, a classroom, tutoring rooms, and our resident rabbit and reading ambassador, Blossom. There are so many wonderful ways for young readers to be involved here — through storytimes, family events, book clubs, after-school activities, volunteering, and more. Stop by to say hello, browse our collection, or make an appointment to read to Blossom or take her for a spin around the library in her bunny-mobile.
The Children’s Library offers four 30-minute preschool storytime programs during the school year (September through May) for children of various ages:
- Babes on a Blanket (0-12 months)
- Music and Movement for Wigglers (0-5 years)
- Wee People (2-3 years)
- Three-to-Five Beehive (3-5 years)
“I love the quality selections in the kids department, the small neighborhood feel, and of course, Blossom!”
Workshops and Classes
Parenting discussions, college preparation seminars, writing workshops, and etiquette classes provide parents and their children the opportunity to discover new information and develop new skills.View the Schedule
Music and the Performing Arts
Irish Step Dancers, Shakespeare for Kids, and free concerts in the Auditorium and on the Great Lawn are but a few of our many cultural offerings for children and families throughout the year.View the Schedule
Join one of our once-a-month book clubs designed for children and families.
- Mother/Daughter Book Club: Girls ages 8-12 and their mothers discuss some of the best that children’s literature has to offer.
- Banned Books Book Club: Students ages 9-12 discuss, among other things, why certain books are banned.
- The Magic Tree House Book Club: Students in grades 1-3 explore history and fantasy with Jack and Annie Smith on their numerous adventures and missions from their magical tree house.
Join your neighbors at one of Pequot’s many community events. The most popular are the Kids Candy-Making Workshop, Easter Egg Roll, Miss Susan’s Potluck and Campout, Fourth of July Bike Parade, Costumed People/Pet Parade, Holiday Caroling Party and Open House.View the Schedule