Planned Giving at Pequot Library
The 1889 Society
The 1889 Society recognizes and honors friends and patrons who have made a commitment to the future of Pequot Library by including Pequot in their estate plans. The society is named for the year of the Association’s incorporation.
You can become a Society member by
- Making a gift to Pequot Library in your will or trust;
- Naming the Pequot as a beneficiary of a retirement plan or life insurance policy;
- Promising a collection gift that Pequot Library has agreed to accept;
- Making a QCD (Qualified Charitable Distribution) from your IRA, which represents a current gift to the Library and can be counted towards making your RMD (Required Minimum Distribution) if you are over the age of 70 ½. ** (Please consult with your tax advisor.)
As a member of The 1889 Society you will
- Receive invitations to several special events, including behind-the-scenes library tours, receptions and lectures.
- Receive an individually selected book annually as a token of our appreciation.
- Be listed in Pequot Library’s Annual Report (with your permission).
We hope that you will become a member of The 1889 Society. For more information, please contact email@example.com. Your inquiry is confidential and places you under no obligation.Learn More About the 1889 Society