July 17 - September 15
Pequot Library is pleased to announce a call for submissions to Art Libris, its 22nd Annual Art Show. The juried exhibition will be on view from October 19 to October 27 in Pequot Library’s historic auditorium, which provides an outstanding backdrop for the show. Submissions must be received by September 15, 2019 in order to be considered for entrance.
Art Libris: Celebrating the Inspiration and Intersection of Word and Image
- 100 works to be exhibited in Pequot Library’s Auditorium
- All mediums
- Juried show
- First place- $500, plus the winning artist will have one work displayed at the Affordable Art Fair in NYC
- Second place- $250
- Third place- $100
Special feature: “22 Under 22”
- Open to artists age 22 or younger
- 22 works of art to be exhibited in Pequot Library’s Perkin Gallery
- All mediums
- Juried by Michele Hermsen
- Special reception featuring the “22 under 22” on Wednesday, October 23, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Winning artist will receive a solo exhibition at Pequot Library
Artwork Requirements: Painting, Photography, Mixed Media, Works on Paper, Drawing, Multi-Media, and Sculpture will be accepted.
- 2D artwork must be framed or gallery wrapped and installation ready. All artwork must be wired for hanging- no hooks.
- 3D art must have its own professional-looking means of display.
- All entries must be for sale and created within the last 2 years – no exceptions.
- Maximum of 5 submissions per artist. Limited to works that have not been shown in a previous Pequot Library Art Show and that have been executed in the last 2 years.
- Files must be formatted as JPG, PNG, GIF, MP4, MP3, PDF, or DOC. Image minimum length on the longest side: 960 px, and maximum length on the longest side: 4600 px. Max file size for image: 4mb, or 25mb for Audio, Video, & PDF.
- Submission deadline is September 15, 2019.
- Pequot Library will only accept submissions through artcall.org
- The entry fee is $35 per piece and $21 per subsequent piece. Submission fees are non-refundable.
- The entry fee for young artists (age 21 and under) is $10 per piece.
- Includes one ticket to the Artists and Collectors Party on Sunday, October 27.
- Pequot Library and the artist will split the proceeds of sold art 50/50.
- Payment to the artist will be made via check within 30 days of the close of the exhibition.
Selected Works Drop Off and Pick Up:
- Pequot Library will notify all artists of the status of their submission(s) by October 1, 2019. Only artwork selected for the exhibition should be dropped off to Pequot Library on Sunday, October 12, between 10am- 2pm, or at a mutually agreed upon time.
- Artwork must be picked up Sunday, October 27, 2019, between 2pm-4pm, or at a mutually agreed upon time. Following the pick-up day after the close of the show, there will be a storage charge of $10 per day for any work left at Pequot Library. Any artwork not picked up for 30 days after the show will henceforth belong to Pequot Library.
Liability & Insurance:
- Pequot Library assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to any submitted work of art for any reason before, during, or after the exhibition.
- Insurance protection is the responsibility of each artist.
- Pequot Library reserves the right to reproduce images for educational and promotional purposes. By submitting your entry, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.