- This event has passed.
One of the largest book sales in New England
Over 100,000 books, plus CDs, DVDs, records, and unique Specials. All items gently used and donated to Pequot Library.
Admission is FREE and open to the public.
Masking required if not fully vaccinated and inside the building regardless of vaccination status. Please be mindful of personal space while browsing.
Proceeds directly fund Pequot Library’s annual educational programs, events, and services.
HOURS & PRICING:
Friday, July 23
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tent: $4 Hardcovers | $3 Paperbacks | $1.50 Mass Market | $5 LP’s | $3 DVDs | $2 CDs
Auditorium: 50% over Price as Marked Books | $.50 Comics | Specials Priced as Marked
FRIDAY ONLY: 20% OFF when you spend $250+ on non-Special items
Saturday, July 24
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tent: $3 Hardcovers | $2 Paperbacks | $1 Mass Market | $4 LP’s | $2 DVDs | $1 CDs
Auditorium: Price as Marked Books | $.25 Comics | 20% off Specials
Sunday, July 25
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tent: $1.50 Hardcovers | $1 Paperbacks | $.50 Mass Market | $2 LP’s | $1 CDs and DVDs
Auditorium: 25% Off Books | $.25 Comics | 40% off Specials
Monday, July 26
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tent: $1 Hardcovers | $1 Paperbacks | $.50 Mass Market | $1 LP’s | $.50 CDs and DVDs
Auditorium: 50% Off Books | $.10 Comics | 50% off Specials
Tuesday, July 27
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
$5 PER BAG! $.50 CDs and DVDs
Online Catalog of “Specials”
- The Summer Book Sale catalog of “Specials” will include over 500 items and will be available for viewing starting July 8.
- There will be a link for the online purchase of the books, which will start at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, July 15 until 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 22.
- Items may be viewed in person on Wednesday, July 14 from 12pm – 4pm at the library.
- For any questions about these items, please send an email to email@example.com
Book Sale Details:
Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express accepted.
Scanners and other wireless devices welcome in sales areas; stockpiling and “clearing” not permitted.
Help us save the environment: If possible, please bring your own reusable bags!
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE!
Email Caroline Crawford to purchase.
AT THE SALE! Over 60 categories, including your favorites:
Art & Architecture | Astrology & Occult | Atlas & Dictionary | Biography | Business | CDs | Children/Young Adult | Classics | Coffee Table | Cookbooks | CT, NY & New England | Crafts & Hobbies | Diet & Nutrition | Drama | DVDs | Education & Textbooks | Exotica & Erotica | Family & Parenting | Fiction Foreign Language | Gardening & Nature | Graphic Novels | Health | History & Politics | Humor | Impulse | Jazz | Large Print | Law & Crime | Literature & Anthology | Maritime | Military History | Music | Mystery | Old & Interesting | ‘Ologies | Performing Arts Pets & Animals | Photography | Poetry | Recorded Books | Records | Religion & Philosophy | Science | Science Fiction | Self-Help | Sets | Sheet Music | Signed Books | Sociology & Anthropology | Specials | Spies/Espionage | Sports | Travel | Transportation |
Important facts to know about the Pequot Library Summer Book Sale:
1. Unlike sales at other libraries, this one is critical for the operations of Pequot Library, given that the town provides only a third of its operating budget.
2. Pequot Library is a jewel in the Fairfield community for its traditional library services and its vibrant cultural, music, and arts programs.
3. Because of the long-time community support, this sale is the largest in the region, offering the most extensive selection of books, records, etc.
4. Pequot’s offerings of “Specials” is consistently the finest.
5. “Books for Teachers” program: Supported by generous funding from the Reneé B. Fisher Foundation, this program provides book vouchers to underserved schools and teachers in Bridgeport and New Haven, CT.
Parking: In addition to street parking, parking is available at Trinity Church, who runs a “Park for Food” drive in conjunction with the book sale. They ask for food/donations for the food pantry in exchange for parking. All canned goods and monetary donations will go to St. Luke’s/St. Paul’s Food Pantry in Bridgeport. Contact Thomas Benton with questions. Thank You!
Sponsors: Thank you for your generous support of Pequot Library’s 61st Summer Book Sale!