July 30, 2019
An event every day that begins at 12:00am, repeating until July 30, 2019
HOURS & PRICING:
Friday, July 26* 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. DOUBLE the marked price
Saturday, July 27 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Priced as marked
Sunday, July 28 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Priced as marked
Monday, July 29 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. HALF the marked price
Tuesday, July 30 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. $5 PER BAG!
*Spend $250 on Friday and receive a 20% discount on all purchases (special items excluded)
One of the largest book sales in New England
Over 100,000 books, plus CDs, DVDs, records, and unique Specials. All items gently used and donated to Pequot Library.
Admission is FREE and open to the public. Proceeds directly fund Pequot Library’s annual educational programs, events, and services.
Application for Books for Teachers Voucher. Deadline: June 2019.
Catalog of “Specials” for presale: July 2019
Buyers have an opportunity to purchase up to five (5) Specials in advance of the sale, at a premium of 25% above the catalog price. The advance sale will field requests in order of submission at 12:01 a.m. on July 19, 2019. Viewing items is by appointment only; schedule yours at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking: In Pequot Library’s parking lot or the Trinity Episcopal Church* parking lot (on the corner of Pequot Avenue and Center Street) or the Southport Congregational Church parking lot (524 Pequot Avenue and across from church) or, on the weekend, the train station parking lot (400 Center Street).
*Trinity Church will run Parking for Food in conjunction with the Pequot Library Book Sale. Church parking will be available Friday-Sunday, July 26-27, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Trinity volunteers will be on hand to collect food and cash donations in support of food pantries at St. Luke’s and St. John’s in Bridgeport.
Book Sale Details:
Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express accepted.
Scanners and other wireless devices welcome in sales areas; stockpiling and “clearing” not permitted.
Help us save the environment: If possible, please bring your own reusable bags!
AT THE SALE! Over 60 categories, including your favorites:
Art & Architecture
Astrology & Occult
Atlas & Dictionary
CT, NY & New England
Crafts & Hobbies
Diet & Nutrition
Education & Textbooks
Exotica & Erotica
Family & Parenting
Fiction Foreign Language
Gardening & Nature
History & Politics
Law & Crime
Literature & Anthology
Old & Interesting
Performing Arts Pets & Animals
Religion & Philosophy
Sociology & Anthropology
Important facts to know about the Pequot Library Summer Book Sale:
1. Unlike sales at other libraries, this one is critical for the operations of Pequot Library, given that the town provides only a third of its operating budget.
2. Pequot Library is a jewel in the Fairfield community for its traditional library services and its vibrant cultural, music, and arts programs.
3. Because of the long-time community support, this sale is the largest in the region, offering the most extensive selection of books, records, etc.
4. Pequot’s offerings of “Specials” is consistently the finest.
5. “Books for Teachers” program: Supported by generous funding from the Reneé B. Fisher Foundation, this program provides book vouchers to underserved schools and teachers in Bridgeport and New Haven, CT.
Getaway Ideas: Walk from Metro North, enjoy a picnic on the Great Lawn, or go to a local Southport restaurant. Stroll to the beach afterward and catch the sunset over Long Island Sound.
Sponsors: Thank you for your generous support of Pequot Library’s 59th Annual Summer Book Sale!