- This event has passed.
One of the largest book sales in New England
Over 100,000 books, plus CDs, DVDs, records, and unique Specials. All items gently used and donated to Pequot Library.
Admission is FREE and open to the public. Proceeds directly fund Pequot Library’s annual educational programs, events, and services.
HOURS & PRICING:
|Friday, July 27*||9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.||DOUBLE the marked price|
|Saturday, July 28||9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.||Priced as marked|
|Sunday, July 29||9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.||Priced as marked|
|Monday, July 30||9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.||HALF the marked price|
|Tuesday, July 31||9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.||$5 PER BAG!|
*Spend $250 on Friday and receive a 20% discount on all purchases (special items excluded)
Join us as a Volunteer: Sign up online.
Application for Books for Teachers Voucher. Deadline: July 15, 2018.
Catalog of “Specials” for presale July 2018
- Buyers have an opportunity to purchase up to five (5) Specials in advance of the sale, at a premium of 25% above the catalog price.
- The advance sale will field requests in order of submission at 12:01 a.m. on July 20, 2018. Viewing items is by appointment only; schedule yours at email@example.com.
Parking: In Pequot Library’s parking lot or the Trinity Episcopal Church* parking lot (on the corner of Pequot Avenue and Center Street) or the Southport Congregational Church parking lot (524 Pequot Avenue and across from church) or, on the weekend, the train station parking lot (400 Center Street).
*Trinity Church will run Parking for Food in conjunction with the Pequot Library Book Sale. Church parking will be available Friday-Sunday, July 27-28, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Trinity volunteers will be on hand to collect food and cash donations in support of food pantries at St. Luke’s and St. John’s in Bridgeport.
Book Sale Details:
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express accepted.
- Scanners and other wireless devices welcome in sales areas; stockpiling and “clearing” not permitted.
- Help us save the environment: If possible, please bring your own reusable bags!
- Pequot Library’s Numbers Policy.
Food: Buy your lunch while you shop, served by Fox Pond Farm
Friday, July 27 & Saturday, July 28
11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. both days
Get to know our Community Partners with information tables on the Great Lawn.
Sunday, July 29, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Bigelow Senior Center
Music for Youth – with live music!
Woofgang & Co.
AT THE SALE! Over 60 categories, including your favorites:
|Art & Architecture
Astrology & Occult
Atlas & Dictionary
CT, NY & New England
Crafts & Hobbies
Diet & Nutrition
Education & Textbooks
Exotica & Erotica
Family & Parenting
Gardening & Nature
History & Politics
Law & Crime
Literature & Anthology
Old & Interesting
|Pets & Animals
Religion & Philosophy
Sociology & Anthropology
Important facts to know about the Pequot Library Summer Book Sale:
- Unlike sales at other libraries, this one is critical for the operations of Pequot Library, given that the town provides only a third of its operating budget.
- Pequot Library is a jewel in the Fairfield community for its traditional library services and its vibrant cultural, music, and arts programs.
- Because of the long-time community support, this sale is the largest in the region, offering the most extensive selection of books, records, etc.
- Pequot’s offerings of “Specials” is consistently the finest.
- “Books for Teachers” program: Supported by generous funding from the Reneé B. Fisher Foundation, this program provides book vouchers to underserved schools and teachers in Bridgeport and New Haven, CT.
Getaway Ideas: Walk from Metro North, enjoy a picnic on the Great Lawn, or go to a local Southport restaurant. Stroll to the beach afterward and catch the sunset over Long Island Sound.
Sponsors: Thank you for your generous support of Pequot Library’s 58th Annual Summer Book Sale!