Pequot Library is committed to the health and safety of our patrons, staff, and volunteers.
In order to protect our staff, patrons, and volunteers from the Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), and at the advice our First Selectwoman Brenda Kupchick and our local health department officials, Pequot Library will close until further notice to the public beginning Friday, March 13, 2020 at 12:00 noon. Fairfield Public Library and Fairfield Woods Library will also close to the public.
Thank you for your understanding. Please take good care.
Stephanie J. Coakley
Pequot Library is Here For You: Digital Programs and Resources
Online Library Resources: ebooks, audiobooks, streaming shows, and other digital resources
Get a Digital Library Card
Digital Resources for Kids compiled by Jane Manners, Children’s Librarian
Educational Activities & Resources for students and families
Programs and storytimes on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
Sign up for eNewsletters at the bottom of this page!
While Pequot Library is closed:
– All on-site programming is cancelled.
– Overdue book fines are waived.
– As of May 7, Pequot Library’s library book drop is open! We are now accepting returned library materials. If you would like to return your library materials, you may, but you are under no obligation to do so. Materials can also be returned to the drop slots at the Fairfield Public Library and the Woods Branch Library.
– Book donations are suspended. (We will gladly accept them for our 60th Summer Book Sale when we reopen!)
– The Little Free Library across from Pequot in Reeves Park is stocked with books and seeds from our seed library. We are following guidelines provided by littlefreelibrary.org in an effort to keep our Little Free Library as clean as possible, including wiping down the library and contents with antibacterial wipes and using hand sanitizer before and after use.
– Blossom the Bunny is being well cared for and is looking forward to lots of visitors when the Library is open again.
– Our Derby Day Fundraiser has been rescheduled for Saturday, September 5, 2020.
World Health Organization
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public
Resources in Languages Other Than English
Immigrant and Refugee Resources
Information for Public Libraries
A Guide to COVID-19
Digital Resources You Can Use From Home
Stream thousands of movies, including classic cinema, indie films, top documentaries and more.Try Kanopy