"The best book sale in New England"
All proceeds benefit Pequot Library
Hours and Pricing:
Friday, July 27 - 9am to 8pm - All items double the marked price
Saturday, July 28 - 9am to 5:30pm - All items priced as marked
Sunday, July 29 - 9am to 5:30 pm - All items priced as marked
Monday, July 30 - 9am to 6pm - All items half price
Tuesday, July 31 - 9am to 2pm - $5 per bag day!
Please Note: Special Pricing for Records, CDs and Videos:
Friday, Saturday, & Sunday - Priced as marked
Monday - Half price
Tuesday - All items are $5/bag, EXCEPT records, which are $0.50 each.
Sunday is Young Readers' Day!
*Special 'almost new' books for kids
*Concert with the Mary Ann Hall Family Singers at 1pm
* Southport Fire Truck to explore
Over 150,000 Items!
Where to find things at the Book Sale
* An outstanding collection of high quality books sorted into over 40 categories
* Sheet music, comic books, prints
* A Media Tent with CDs, LPs, DVDs, tapes and audiobooks
* Rare Books and "Specials"
* Great food!
Numbers Policy for Friday, July 27
Cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover & American Express accepted.
We encourage anyone purchasing books totaling $10 or less to pay with cash or check, due to the high credit card transaction fees we are charged.
**Please Note: Pequot Library accepts donations year-round for our annual sale. During the Summer Book Sale, however, it is difficult for us to process new donations so we will temporarily be unable to accept donations from Sunday, July 15 through Tuesday, August 7. We look forward to receiving your donations again after August 7. Thank you!
Volunteering at the 52nd Annual Book Sale!
All are welcome to volunteer (The only exclusions to this invitation are book dealers, who we welcome at the Sale but not behind the scenes).
How to volunteer online:
- Open the 2012 Book Sale Volunteer form (pdf below) in your browser and save it to your desktop - click the Save icon (looks like a floppy disc – remember those?) on the Acrobat Reader toolbar, choose the destination where you want the pdf to live, and click save
- Close your browser and open the form you just saved
- Fill it out the form with your choices and contact information
- Save a completed copy for your records
- Email it to
- open your preferred email program, start a new email, attach your saved copy of the volunteer form, and email it to
with “Book Sale Volunteer” in the subject line
You can also print the form, fill it out, and mail it back to us the "old-fashioned" way - no matter how you sign up, we'd love to have your help!
Already signed up, but need to make a change? Have a question about volunteering?
Call (203) 259-0346 ext. 22, and leave a message for Shelley Hall, Volunteer Co-Chair. Shelley returns every call! The final schedule will be ready in July, when we'll send you your work assignment, which will probably be a confirmation of your original request (we aim to please). In the meantime, thank you for volunteering and we'll see you at the Sale!
EXIT 19 OFF I 95 to Pequot Avenue, click here for detailed directions.
Parking during the Book Sale is limited. Additional parking is available on nearby streets, one side only (watch for 'No Parking' signs), at Trinity Church (monetary donation or can of food for their food bank), Southport Congregational Church and Wakeman's Boys and Girls Club.